It is hard to believe that it is July already, as it feels like June had just begun. This is by far my favourite month, as it contains 31 days, is usually the month for our family vacation, fosters reunions with friends that moved away for school, brings warmer weather, allows for beach trips, is the “in season” for fresh berries, encloses Canada Day and Independence Day and of course is the month my own birthday falls within! Here are some of the things I already love about July.
1. Ivivva Double-Dutch Tank 2. Mini Latte Bowls 3. Nectarines 4.Sunglow Stripes Dress 5. Inspirational Quotes 6. “Word Art” Disposable Cameras 7. Clear Wayfarer Sunglasses 8. The Fault in Our Stars Novel 9. Rampup Wedges 10. iPhone Editing App. “A Beautiful Mess”
Since July is often very busy, I typically have less time for myself. While I love get-togethers, I don’t want to lose sight of my own goals.Along with a few academic and fitness aspirations (not mentioned), I have set five blog and five personal goals that are S.M.A.R.T.. This is what I am motivated to achieve for the month of July:
- Participate in Marvelous Monday and What I ate Wednesday at least once! I have been hesitant to join these movements as I am still unsure which direction my blog is going to travel in. I haven’t quite figured out my target audience, so I don’t know whether or not my readers will enjoy these types of posts. Regardless, both “link-ups” are great for earning new followers and I know they will enhance my blogging experience. I’d like to become part of the blogging community so that in future I can attend conferences such as the Blend Retreat, HLS and BlogHer.
- Create at least 2 DIY posts. Right now my blog is more focused on recipes than my everyday living. I thoroughly enjoy crafts and I haven’t been sharing those that I do on a regular basis! I hope to feature more photos and less words, since lately my posts have been lengthy.
- Comment on posts more often. I read my “blogroll” daily, however I don’t always take the time to let the blogger know I relate to his or her post. I know how much I appreciate comments, and I definitely want to recognize the effort bloggers put into their websites.
- Try a new recipe each week and create a new recipe each week. I’d love to venture out from my cooking style by trying recipes that I can find off of pinterest, other blogs, cookbooks and the television.
- Complete my first review. I’ve actually been sent some products to review, after a company heard that I am blogging. I’d like to feature my first giveaway this month! My only hesitation is that I still don’t have a ton of followers, but I guess that just increases everyone’s chance of winning!
- Try one new food each week. I love going to the grocery store and picking out products. This month I am going to challenge myself to cook foods of different ethnicities. I’d love to try new fruits and vegetables, especially those deemed “superfoods”. I’m currently working on exposing myself to more coconut since I am just beginning to like its flavour!
- Develop a new hobby. My sister Emma is very talented at crocheting. So far I only know how to sew and knit. I’d love to learn how to crochet as well! I will also continue to improve my photography skills and baking techniques.
- Finalize my summer plans! I have recently booked my flight for a trip at the end of August, but I want to work on some details for a family trip this July.
- Read. I love reading but these days I seem to be too busy to spend time absorbing a good novel. The last novel I read was “Storyteller” by Jodi Picoult and it was so good that I finished it in two days. I hope to reincorporate reading into my bedtime routine so that I am spending less time exposed to bright lights, and more time winding down before falling asleep. It’s just one more thing that I can do for self-care and myself.
- Be more easy going. Traffic, slow walkers and other things that throw me off of schedule, can really get on my nerves. I hope to become more patient and be less of a perfectionist. I want my summer to be enjoyable and relaxing, so I am going to try to go with the flow. This will include my appearance, as I want to spend less time straightening my hair and more time embracing its natural wave and frizz. While I am always optimistic, I do let others influence my mood, and I want to focus on finding the good in every situation so that I don’t take anything in my life for granted. There is always something to be thankful for!
What do you hope to complete this month? Do you take time off for holidays in July, or is it no different than April and June? What are your July Favourites? Have any inspirational quotes or tips that make you even more productive? ♥ Molly
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. – Albert Einstein